5 Things Every Corporation Needs to Overcome Investment Accounting and Reporting Challenges
Date: Wednesday September, 25, 2013
Time: 2pm ET | 11am PT
When it comes to investments, every corporation faces numerous challenges, including: closing the books, staying on top of changing accounting guidance, making informed investment decisions, ensuring regulatory compliance, preparing board packages, and managing a global portfolio, to name a few.
To meet these challenges head on, corporate investors need five things:
- Accurate and Timely Investment Data
- Streamlined Investment Accounting & Regulatory Reporting
- Investment Analytics and Compliance Monitoring
- Outstanding Customer Service and Industry Expertise
- An Automated, Scalable, and Easy-to-Use Solution
Join 3M and Clearwater to discuss the impact of these challenges on your business and learn how investment and accounting teams at 3M have managed these five challenges. You’ll also gain great insight into steps that you can take to address them within your organization.
- Recognize the factors that inhibit streamlined investment accounting and reporting
- Review the 5 Things Corporations Need to achieve streamlined
- Discover the value of automation
- Understand the importance of data accuracy
- Prerequisites: None
- Who should attend: Investment and Accounting Professionals
- Advanced Preparation: None
- Program level: Basic
- Delivery Method: Internet Group Live
Senior Financial Representative
Andy joined 3M Company in June 1985. He currently serves as the Senior Financial Representative in the Treasury Division and has done so since May 2000. His responsibilities include managing all short term investing for 3M Company, and 3M Asset Management, commercial paper issuance, and hedging of commodity risk. Currently he is responsible for nearly $4 billion of investments. Prior to joining the Treasurers Division, Andy provided financial counsel in the Controllers function to multiple 3M divisions, and also spent time in Corporate Auditing.
Andy is also an Adjunct Professor at St. Catherine University in St. Paul, MN teaching courses in Investment Theory, Topics in Corporate Finance, and Global Financial Issues.
Andy holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from St. Norbert College and a Masters of Business Administration degree in Finance from the University of St. Thomas, Andy is also a Certified Management Accountant.
Business Development Manager
Tyler Hogge is the International Business Development Manager for Clearwater Analytics, helping Clearwater expand both domestically and in the UK. Prior to this role, Tyler served as a Client Services Manager working with several dozen corporate clients whose investment assets totaled over $300 billion. Tyler received a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Southern Utah University and is a CFA level III candidate.