Alexander Hamilton Awards
For more than two decades, the Alexander Hamilton awards from Treasury & Risk have recognized companies taking big leaps forward in treasury, finance, and/or risk management through process innovations and technology implementations.
2020 Award Nominations—deadline August 30, 2019
Have you recently completed a project that demonstrates innovation in treasury, finance, or risk management? If so, we’d love to consider it for an Alexander Hamilton Award.
Treasury & Risk is now accepting nominations for our 2020 Alexander Hamilton Awards. Our awards will recognize corporate projects that achieve excellence and move the needle on best practices in these seven categories:
- Treasury Transformation: This category celebrates projects that have achieved noteworthy success through a major revamp of corporate treasury processes. Centralization or decentralization of the treasury function, outsourcing initiatives, restructuring of treasury to support new lines of business, and staff recruitment or development programs—among other types of projects—fit into this category.
- Liquidity Management: This category is aimed at portfolio management, short-term investing, and cash visibility/contingency planning for cash availability, as well as crisis management to ensure adequate ongoing liquidity. Cash forecasting and cash pooling projects fit into this category.
- Financial Risk Management: This category includes innovative solutions in management of risks around domestic or international interest rates, foreign exchange, or commodity prices; the use of derivatives or capital markets to hedge the company’s financial risk exposures; and/or management of counterparty credit risks.
- Working Capital & Payments: This category recognizes innovations related to the collection of incoming payments and the disbursement of outgoing payments, as well as the organizational structure around management of payments and the cash conversion cycle.
- Operational Risk Management & Insurance: This category encompasses innovative solutions around risk assessment, identification, mitigation, and/or transfer when protecting a company’s business, property, supply chain, employees, data, and/or reputation.
- Technology Excellence: This award recognizes corporate treasuries or finance departments for their implementation of innovative technology solutions that may be developed either internally or externally. Winning projects must be exceptionally creative, must solve a major problem, must yield impressive results, and/or must set a precedent for a best practice in treasury or finance. Projects that fall into this category could include those that solve a complex issue in financial management or compliance, improve communication or analysis of financial information, mitigate risk, or give the business a strategic advantage.
- Best Practices in Restricted/Emerging Markets: This award recognizes corporate treasury, finance, and risk management functions that have successfully supported business operations in parts of the world where other organizations may fear to tread. Winning projects may include pioneering solutions that overcome regional restrictions on movement of money, compliance or disclosure challenges, banking regulations, and/or cultural issues.
Please note that the Alexander Hamilton Awards are designed to honor the corporate treasury, finance, and/or risk management staff who completed a spectacular project, rather than any consulting firm, bank, or vendor that may have helped make the project successful.
To nominate a project for one of these awards, please complete the online submission form by August 30, 2019.
Treasury & Risk is in the process of presenting the 2019 awards. So far, we have presented 2019 Alexander Hamilton Awards to projects in the following categories:
- GOLD: Hyundai Capital America | “Big Changes to Capital Structure Drive Corporate Competitiveness”
- SILVER: Mastercard | “When Radical Process Changes Pay Off”
- BRONZE: Microsoft | “A Revamped Infrastructure for Intercompany Payments”
- HONORABLE MENTION: NH Hotel Group | “Sharpening the Cash Flow Focus Across a Global Enterprise”
- On-demand Webcast: “Revolutionizing Legacy Treasury Processes”
- GOLD: Microsoft | “Custom-Built Software Streamlines Currency-Controls Compliance”
- SILVER: Amway | “Centralizing Payments Across 100 Markets Around the World”
- BRONZE: Bristol-Myers Squibb | “Improving Efficiency of Global Travel Sourcing”
- On-demand Webcast: “How to Leverage Payment Innovations and Efficiencies”
- GOLD: Microsoft | “Extending Visibility and Productivity for Extended Payment Terms”
- SILVER: Baird | “APIs Automate Booking of Payments that Defy Standardization”
- BRONZE: Stanley Black & Decker | “Retooling Processes to Improve Productivity and ROI”
- On-demand Webcast: “Successful Treasury Transformation and Innovation through Technology Excellence”
Before the end of the year, we will present awards in our remaining categories. Monitor the Treasury & Risk homepage for details.
Congratulations to all our winners! Thank you to our judges—Jean-Francois Heitz, Craig Jeffery, Marie Hollein, and Prashant Patri—for making the tough choices and selecting these exceptional projects as our 2019 winners.
And thank you very much to our sponsors—Citi, ION, and GTreasury—whose support made this year’s awards program possible.