Alexander Hamilton Awards
For more than two decades, the Alexander Hamilton awards from Treasury & Risk have recognized companies taking big leaps forward in treasury, finance, and/or risk management through process innovations and technology implementations.
The 2019 nomination period has closed. In early December, Treasury & Risk will announce the finalists. Stay tuned in early 2019 for the webcasts and article honoring our winners.
Our 2020 Alexander Hamilton Awards contest will open for nominations in late spring or early summer 2019.
Treasury & Risk is in the process of presenting the 2018 awards. We recently hosted a webcast honoring our Alexander Hamilton Overall Excellence Award for 2018: Microsoft. Here you can watch, on demand, our roundtable discussion with Microsoft corporate VP and treasurer George Zinn, as well as representatives of Microsoft’s winning initiatives, in which we explore how to build an innovative treasury function.
In addition, we have presented 2018 Alexander Hamilton Awards to projects in the following categories:
- GOLD: Herc Rentals | “Standing up a Fully Functional Treasury in Six Months Flat”
- SILVER: Avery Dennison | “Collaborative Culture Underpins Treasury Transformation”
- BRONZE: OpenText | “Streamlining Treasury Amid Rapid M&A”
- On-demand Webcast: “Successfully Transforming Corporate Treasury”
- GOLD: United States Postal Service | “Harnessing Analytics to Minimize Debit-Card Fraud”
- SILVER: Herc Rentals | “Custom-built Model Drives Better Reserving for Liability Claims”
- GOLD: Microsoft | “Structuring More Efficient Finance Workflows”
- SILVER: Clearsettle | “Automating FX and Cash Management”
- On-demand Webcast: “Building Transparency in Liquidity Management Processes”
- GOLD: Anthem | “Center of Excellence for Millions of Consumer Payments”
- SILVER: Newell Brands | “Treasury Transformed Through Technology”
Before the end of the year, we will present awards in our final category: Financial Risk Management.
Congratulations to all our winners! Thank you to our judges—Jean-Francois Heitz, Craig Jeffery, Betty Hwang, and Marie Hollein—for making the tough choices and selecting these exceptional projects as our 2018 winners.
And thank you very much to our sponsors—Citi, TreasuryXpress, and Euler Hermes—whose support made this year’s awards program possible.