X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

With a couple of clicks on the right buttons, Fred Schacknies and his treasury and finance colleagues at Lucent Technologies Inc. can see, real-time, all of Lucent’s more than $4 billion in bank cash and cash investments. Well, almost all and almost real-time. Daily reports on more than 98% of Lucent’s bank cash are available through the electronic polling done through Lucent’s Trema treasury workstation. While the other 2% has to be updated manually from monthly paper statements, he concedes, it really is too small to have an impact on liquidity decisions and cash forecasts.

Complete your profile to continue reading and get FREE access to Treasury & Risk, part of your ALM digital membership.

Your access to unlimited Treasury & Risk content isn’t changing.
Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Critical Treasury & Risk information including in-depth analysis of treasury and finance best practices, case studies with corporate innovators, informative newsletters, educational webcasts and videos, and resources from industry leaders.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and Treasury & Risk events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including PropertyCasualty360.com and Law.com.

Already have an account?

Treasury & Risk

Join Treasury & Risk

Don’t miss crucial treasury and finance news along with in-depth analysis and insights you need to make informed treasury decisions. Join Treasury & Risk now!

  • Free unlimited access to Treasury & Risk including case studies with corporate innovators, informative newsletters, educational webcasts, and resources from industry leaders.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and Treasury & Risk events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM publications including PropertyCasualty360.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join Treasury & Risk

Copyright © 2020 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.