X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

While rising healthcare costs remain a top concern for most businesses, a recent study suggests that large U.S. companies not only remain committed to healthcare coverage, but are redoubling their efforts to maintain the health of their workforces. A new survey of 450 of the nation’s largest employers by human resources outsourcing provider Hewitt Associates found that after years of simply cost-shifting to employees and giving lip service to health management programs, employers may now be getting serious about embracing initiatives that not only could result in lower costs but also in healthier workers.

Nearly two-thirds (63%) of large U.S. employers plan to get more involved in helping their employees improve their health through educational campaigns, behavior modification, chronic healthcare maintenance, data analysis and other cutting-edge programs. The other 37% reported plans to maintain their current level of involvement. “We found that employers fell into two groups: the ‘superhighway’ employers and those [employers] who went from stop to stop. Those on the superhighway look at healthcare as a business issue, as a competitive advantage,” says Jeff Munn, head of solutions and strategies for Hewitt’s healthcare consulting practice.

Complete your profile to continue reading and get FREE access to Treasury & Risk, part of your ALM digital membership.

Your access to unlimited Treasury & Risk content isn’t changing.
Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Critical Treasury & Risk information including in-depth analysis of treasury and finance best practices, case studies with corporate innovators, informative newsletters, educational webcasts and videos, and resources from industry leaders.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and Treasury & Risk events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including PropertyCasualty360.com and Law.com.

Already have an account?

Treasury & Risk

Join Treasury & Risk

Don’t miss crucial treasury and finance news along with in-depth analysis and insights you need to make informed treasury decisions. Join Treasury & Risk now!

  • Free unlimited access to Treasury & Risk including case studies with corporate innovators, informative newsletters, educational webcasts, and resources from industry leaders.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and Treasury & Risk events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM publications including PropertyCasualty360.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join Treasury & Risk

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.